New MusicHabit Class by Aimee Nolte
If you have been waiting for an improvisation course from me, here it is!
Hey scatters (and friends/parents/teachers/children of scatters...), Available this Thursday at www.MusicHabit.com a brand new class from vocalist/pianist Aimee Nolte!
THIS video features excerpts from Aimee Nolte's new class: SMART VOCAL IMPROVISATION Licks & Tricks for Better Scatting coming (UPDATED DATE!) March 14, 2020
• Learn the theory / the method / the style
• Practice licks with Aimee in the class
• PDFs and Audio downloads
• Bonus practice materials when class is finished
Smart Vocal Improvisation: Licks & Tricks for Better Scat Singing is a fun shot-in-the-arm, learn it/try it class for improvisers, taught by vocalist/pianist, Aimee Nolte. It can sometimes be difficult to find a balance between being soulful and being skillful. But there is a way to be a technically fluent improviser and still perform as your unique, true self. Aimee will take you there!
Is This Class for Me?
- Smart Vocal Improvisation is a stand alone class that approaches the topic of jazz improv from both a musical perspective, and a theoretical perspective. The class contains some basic jazz theory, specifically about major and minor key ii-V-I progressions. If you know nothing about music theory your brain may not fully understand it, but your ear will.
- This class is appropriate for singers at any experience level. Aimee works with the super-standard song, Autumn Leaves, taking you through various call & response licks and exercises (yes you will sing in class!) The licks range from easy to challenging, and will definitely jump start your scatting even if you're a beginner. And if you already have experience and want to up your game, you'll appreciate the great combination of Aimee's inspiring musicality and useful tips.
- There is no homework for the class per se, but Aimee has provided exercise pages and audio backing tracks so that you can continue to practice class materials on your own.
- Also in the Bonus Resources section Aimee takes you through a number of additional major and minor II-V-I licks for extra practice. She also recorded five new scat solos on the tune Autumn Leaves that you can listen to and sing with to help expand your understanding of the jazz language.
If you're a scat singer, or aspiring scat singer who would like to better understand scatting and be guided through the whole process, singing while you're learning, this class is for you!